Wednesday 25 January 2012

Weighted Campussing

Reporting for training, sergent major!!!!!



Tia bought me a 20kg weight vest for christmas and I've decided to use it for specific training for climbing. My first foray into this was just after I got it and decided to ladder up the huge rungs with the full 20kg in it. Basically, it was 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 and then the harrowing ladder back down the same as I realised if I dropped off, my knees weren't used to a 85-90kg load on them, let alone a sudden one.

So I have decided to use a more structured approach. I have gone right down to 4kg in the vest and am going to do 4 weeks on at that weight, 2 weeks off and then 4 weeks on. With the first of the new cycle being 4kg and the second up to 6kg.

Starting on the biggest rungs (at the Castle its mega jugs)
(the - indicates going with the other hand, the / indicates with the same hand. So 1-2-3 is R-L-R. 1-2/3 R-L/L)
2 sets on each and alternate starting hands, obviously
1-2-3
1-3-5
1-4-6
1-3-6
1-4-7 (or 1-4-6/7)
Then work down the rung sizes
If I fail to do a set eg 1-4-6, I do 1-4-5/6. Or 1-4-5/6/7

My biceps after the last session felt like lead!!!!

Here's to getting stronger or ruining my tendons :)

And you get to look like either a marine or suicide bomber

Let you know how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment