Friday 20 January 2012

A hard morning to get motivated

For some reason, just recently, well the last week or so, I've been finding it hard to get a good nights sleep (Easy there, Ben Grubb and Helen White, nothing like that thank you very much). Its not really the getting off to sleep that's the problem, I read until my eyes can't stay open any more and slip into oblivion ...

... and then at sometime between 2.30 and 3.30am, I wake up. Like proper wide awake and don't feel tired or anything and then that's me for 1.5-2 hours before the eyes feel having again and I conk out until the alarm at 7am. I don't really appear to be thinking about anything, my mind's not racing or I'm not feeling anxious hmmm.
Maybe its the sub-conscious getting wound up about finishing my self-assessment online (it's been started, I'm almost there, no dramas, sub-conscious. Now leave me alone). Or maybe its a product of overtraining, though I can't find that documented anywhere.

Now to the point, which is ... its was bloody hard to drag my carcass out of the pit this morning to go for a run. Eyes refused to open, back complaining from the deadlifts of the other day, brain fuzzy and not engaging (for a change, lol). Welcome to getting older.

When I did get out 20 mins later than I intended, it wasn't too bad. No lovely sunrises of the previous runs last week, but then again, no rain like yesterday. The new Ronhill jacket was mint in the aforementioned wet though.

So it was a half clockwise loop of Finsbury Park and then a steady plod up Parkland Walk, a disused railway line and now nature trail, which goes up to Highgate. Turn around at the top and finish with the rest of the Finsbury Park loop. The slight incline all the way to Highgate doesn't half make the legs complain, but its impossible not to get a good negative split (2nd half of the run faster than the first).
And that last hill in FP is a bugger. Good 9.5k.

Then it was into the Castle to take the staff circuit training class, only attended by the hardcore 3 this week. Nice one ladies!!!! The rest of you are complete flakes!!!

Finished off with a weight vest boulder and campus session, took it easy on the weight so my tendons didn't explode.

Day off the running tomorrow but a gentle (yeah, right) weights session beckons.


No comments:

Post a Comment