Thursday 19 January 2012

Let's get started!

It was a little bit wet and muddy this morning.

Thought I'd start this and then I don't have to bore everyone with my training and setting exploits on Facebook.

Anyway the training started up again after the New Year, bolstered by an 'alcohol free' year and trying to lay off the caffeine (which is actually turning out to be the hardest one!!!). It was just to get back into climbing again after about 3 weeks off and do a bit of running. This all changed due to one comment on Facebook from one man ... Colm Tracey, one of my girlfriend's brothers (Damn you!!)
He posted this link -  http://www.adidas-ar.com/2012/terrex/ and I have now ended up super psyched.

So since last Wednesday the training has been as follows: -

11/1 6.5k run + beastmaker session at the  Castle
12/1 5k run + board session at the Castle
13/1 7k run + deadlifts
14/1 12.5k run + 2.5 hr board session at the Castle + 17k evening cycle ride
15/1 Deadhangs at the Castle
16/1 5k intervals + short board session + 10k evening run
17/1 Rest though I did cycle to and from Mile End and set the Wave area there
18/1 Deadlifts and TRX
19/1 5k intervals (muddy, see above)

Just about to set at the Castle so will complete this later.

And again, damn you Colm Tracey!!!

... to continue,

A good set on the Panels at the Castle today with Mike Langley and Alex Lemel (the very tall and the very strong, respectively, I just made up the numbers as honorary hobbit). Mike set a spicy white and red circuit problem (of course its v0-). I was pleased with my 2 black (V1-V3) circuit problems and the 2 yellow (V4-V6) circuits I set. A little bit more than just pulling hard. Liked the blue 'off piste' I set too. Al set a copy of 'Surprise' at V8. Looked good, but just like the proper problem in font, I couldn't reach and stick the pinch :(. Must be an exact replica then!!! There were the obvious reachy grade arguments but sod it, the problems were good and we had fun and hope the rest of the Castle patrons do too.
Thought I'd lost my Pata-gucci hoodie though. Took it off while jet washing the holds in the morning and left it outside in the bike park on the bench. When I went back to get it, it wasn't there and I trawled the centre asking people if they'd seen it, but no and nowhere to be seen. It, miraculously, turned up after about 4 hours on the lockers, not just where I'd already looked, but where I'd been leaning, talking to someone about 20 minutes before hmmmm.
After setting Al went into the 'Hurt Locker' (unofficial name given to the new Castle gym above the Wave) to do some deadlifts. I cried off as hit them hard yesterday and ran this morning.

And my 'new heights fitness' business cards arrived :) ... And I had a PT consultation.

A good day all round, finished with chicken, rice and veg, a shave and a bath.

Good night all, I have a 10k to do before taking a Castle Staff circuit class tomorrow.




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it will be great to have new stuff to read! Fingers crossed for the endurance, in writing too :)

    Now, first question from the first following troublemaker. What is the board in the Castle? Those other fingerbaords than the Beastmaker or the Wave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wait. No. Don't.

    ReplyDelete