Sunday 22 January 2012

Tax return angst and more training



So I woke up on Saturday morning at 5.30am, couldn't get back to sleep, and with it being a rest day, therefore no running - it was time to finish the accounts and fill in the self-assessment tax return online.
I hate it, hate it, hate it. And the worst thing was the help button was not working, so the 'this opens a new window' did bugger all. Inevitably, I did a lot of hit and hope on the questions and then fill in the figures I had and waited for the calculation. I had already had a guess-timation at it, so imagine my surprise (and horror) when the figure was about a grand more than I expected ...
And then I looked at it again. There were two figures in a smaller font above it. One the tax from the year 2010-11, which I'd just done the return for, and another for the first installment for the year 2011-12, which I obviously haven't filled out yet because it hasn't fucking finished yet ... Bastards.
Hence the Basil Fawlty pic, as I spent most of yesterday walking and talking normally until I remembered the tax return, and ended up sporadically doubling over, crenching my fists and hissing "bastards".

So there went my rest day. After this I decided to hit the 'Hurt Locker' and do some clean and press, followed by back and biceps.

Today was a better day. Having gotten over my Basil Fawlty tics. I decided I didn't have the time for a run as I had to train 2 friends this morning, Dan and Phi. We did a lot of core and then got on the TRX (it is the knowledge!!!) and did some more core. Maybe that could be the name of my workout 'More Core'.

After lunch, I warmed up and got in the Wave at the Castle with Alex Lemel (Crusher-50kg of bone and sinew!!!!). Ended up being sand bagged by Christian Lund ... landing in same position on my back on the mat, as I was on the wall before sudden ejection. The Wave is a cruel mistress. Teasing you with glimmers of hope before crushing you like a bug. Nevermind, its all about the journey. 
After the wave was a quick deadlift session - need more weight in the 'Hurt Locker'!!! And a stretch. The nesquik strawberry and hemp protein recovery drink. Cooked onion soup, soda bread, pizzas and flapjack.

Just waiting in on Gaz Parry getting here and then to bed (not with him, I'm taken)

Its a run in the morning and the official opening of the 'Hurt Locker' tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment