Saturday 16 June 2012

A long time since I've been on this ...

Well, I'm back. After my initial blast at the blogging, my time has been taken up by route setting, my PT business, my own training and (shock, horror) some outdoor bouldering. I'm not going to go into that and will just start anew with this one.
I've been on a creatine loading phase and now into the maintenance. Was taking 3g a day over 30 days, to try and minimise the water retention in the muscles. I've probably put on just an extra 2 kg, not the 6kg that I did last time. The maintenance stage is 3g a day when I'm training heavy and 2g when I'm resting or having a light training day. Let's see how that goes. I have definitely seen a strength gain, above my normal level and recovery period has improved. The climbing has not deteriorated any; it did last year, but I put that down to the weight gain.
If anything, I've been climbing better. I did a couple of font 7a's and a 7a+ a couple of weeks ago and last week flashed a 7a. For you indoor Castle climbers 7a=V6, 7a+=V7 ish (if there is a proper comparison)

The thing that has destroyed me a bit this week was 5-a-side football on Monday night. The week before I ran my first sub-20 min 5k for a while and felt ok after. However, post football I was destroyed, legs in tatters. I put it down to the stopping and starting, different planes of movement and changes in direction. Also, my anterior tibialis in both legs is still aching. Kicking footballs, eh?

Had a good couple of days at the Reach in Woolwich setting there with Gaz and a session in the roof at the Arch 1, London Bridge, which also annihilated me. Not used to long climbing in the roof.

Nevermind, a rest day yesterday seemed to do the trick though the run this morning was mentally draining, I left my head in bed I reckon and it only caught up after 5k. The 'heavy' session in the castle gym was good though. Feeling strong with the new structure to the workout, but that's another blog ... maybe I won't wait as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment